I had seen many pairs of shorts just like these on pinterest, and very much wanted a pair of my own. When I went shopping and eventually found a pair, they were the wrong size. This meant that I just had to make them myself!
I was given the fabric, and I had already had the pattern which I had previously used. So the only thing I had to purchase were the six buttons.
The pattern I used was Kwik Sew 3854.
I achieved the scalloped pattern with help of this tutorial. It was easy to follow and replicate, which has inspired me to sew more clothes incorporating the scalloped pattern.
I am extremely happy with the final garment and these are now some of the nicest shorts I own.